Mailing Policy and Limits
There is a 200 hourly email limit per domain this limit is also applied towards mailman. If you send over this amount in any hour most of the e-mails will bounce back with a undeliverable error.
Many of our servers have a 60 pop checks per hour limit per domain. If you go over this you're likely to get a wrong password error message saying login incorrect. Just wait an hour and it will automatically unlock you. to prevent this from happening again make sure to disable auto checking or at least set it to something higher such as 10 minutes.
Mailing Lists Rules
1. Anytime you're sending a message no matter how large your e-mail list is you must throttle it. We recommend you throttle it to at the very least sending 1 email every 6 seconds. If the mailing list software you're using does not allow you to throttle you must switch to something else. We recommend phplist which can be found in your control panel under fantastico. If you do not throttle and you try sending let's say 500 emails the server will try sending all 500 in 1 second which is not possible. This will cause the server load to go very high and for the entire server to be sluggish until this process is completed. It is our job to keep the server up and running without being sluggish. Anyone who causes the servers load to go high will be suspended and the process will be terminated. If you choose not to throttle you will most likely be suspended for crashing the server.
2. Mailing lists are only allowed to be sent to during off-peak times to prevent high server loads. Off peak times qualify as all day Saturday and Sunday, and 1am - 8 am SAST time M-F.
3. You are not allowed to mail to a mailing list you were given or purchased. This is spamming because they never agreed to you personally sending them mail. We do not care how you justify it. This is spam and will result in termination of the offending account.
4. Any unsolicited e-mail being sent will result in termination of the offending account. We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail.
5. Any mailling list MUST comply with all guidelines set forth by http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/canspam.htm
6. No Direct SMTP mailers are allowed. An example of this is DarkMailer. Any mail should be relayed through the local MTA (localhost:25) for further delivery by the server and not done directly by scripts.
Was this answer helpful?
The use of more than 50,000 inodes on any shared account may potentially result in suspension....
Users may not: a) Use 25% or more of system resources for longer then 90 seconds. There are...
Resellers are responsible for supporting their clients. Easy Web4u does not provide support to...
We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail, bulk emailing, and...
These are the current software versions: Apache --> 1.3.37 PHP --> 4.4.4 and 5.2.1 Perl...